See our Job Opportunities Page to Learn More
In 2017, the Alliance became an AmeriCorps VISTA project sponsor to assist Hunger Free Communities around the country to build their ability to measure and analyze local food security, and develop or improve community responses to relevant hunger issues.
The AmeriCorps VISTA program will help HFC coalitions to reduce food security by:
- Connecting individuals with federal nutrition programs.
- Education and training.
- Empower community stakeholders and residents to work together to address hunger in their communities through collective action.
- Build the capacities of emerging community coalitions by helping them create end hunger plans.
- Design programmatic interventions, build partnerships and increase resources.
- Strengthen these HFCs years to come by implementing sustainable community-based relationships and systems.
This project works in sites across the country targeting low-income populations. Partner organizations are developed by community residents who have started organizing or established a hunger free community initiative; and VISTAs are hosted at community-based nonprofit organizations that are part of the hunger free community network initiative.
AmeriCorps VISTAs that are taking part in the initiative are:
Brittany Madison | AmeriCorps VISTA Leader, Alliance to End Hunger | Washington, DC
Terri Lynne Wehrley-Pyles | Hall Hunger Initiative | Dayton, OH
Autumn Martin | Hunger Free Tennessee | Kingsport, TN
Yeojin Jung | Hunger Task Force of San Francisco | San Francisco, CA
Zuri Thompson | Northwest Food Partners Network | Chicago, IL
Tyler Hoerst | Tampa Bay Network to End Hunger | Tampa, FL
Brianna Upton | VA 365 Project to End Childhood Hunger | Richmond, VA
DeAnna Jackson | Feeding the Gulf Coast | Gulfport, MS