The goal of the SAW is to assist a HFC coalition in determining for itself the critical elements for effective organizational management and network functioning and to identify those areas in need of strengthening or further development. The SAW is designed to enable organizational learning, foster team sharing, and encourage reflective self-assessment within an anti-hunger coalition. It can be used for strategic planning, evaluation and building group cohesion.
Not intended to be a scientific method, the value of the SAW is in its collaborative, self-guided process. It offers organizations and coalitions a chance to reflect on their current status compared to recognized standards and best practices.
A secondary goal of the SAW is to help the Alliance to End Hunger determine technical assistance and training needs across the HFC Network.
You can open the SAW tool in its entirety, or view the capacity assessment sections one-by-one.
- 1 – Governance Word | PDF
- 2 – Administration Word | PDF
- 3 – Human Resources Word | PDF
- 4 – Financial Management Word | PDF
- 5 – Organizational Management Word | PDF
- 6 – Network Capacities Word | PDF
- 7 – Program Design Word | PDF
- 8 – Program Management Word | PDF
- 9 – Policy Analysis and Advocacy Word | PDF
- 10 – Racial Equity Word | PDF
- Scorecard Word | PDF
- Resources Word | PDF
Support Generously Provided By: