Thank you to everyone who joined the Alliance to End Hunger- Hunger Free Communities Listening Session on June 29th!
We appreciate the support of our convening partners DoorDash, End Child Hunger in Alabama, FoodFinder, Healthy Living Coalition, Instacart, Islamic Relief USA, March of Dimes, Nuro, RESULTS, Souper Bowl of Caring and WHEAT.
Check back after July 15th to see the resulting report to the White House as they prepare for the Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health in September 2022!
The White House will hold a Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health in September 2022! We are pleased to see ending hunger is a key goal of the Conference. The Conference will be focused on addressing five main issues: ending hunger, improving nutrition, improving physical activity, reducing diet-related diseases, and closing disparity gaps by 2030. The Conference will serve as a culmination to announce a roadmap for the White House and Congress to address the five issues.
Please see President Biden’s announcement here. You can also see our statement here. Please see the letter we shared with the White House with ideas for Conference content here. Please see the statement of priorities from national anti-hunger organizations, including the Alliance to End Hunger, and accompanying graphic here.
Things you can do right now to participate in shaping the Conference findings:
- Go to the official White House Conference website page to:
- Sign-up for a listening session!
- Share your story and ideas!
- Take the Alliance Pledge
- Our pledge campaign is open (see below)! Use the pledge to let us know if you’d like to be invited to Alliance listening sessions or other activities related to the Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health. Don’t forget to check the box to opt-in for email updates.
- Save the Date for the Alliance to End Hunger-Hunger Free Communities Listening Session on Wednesday, June 29 from 4:30 PM ET to 6:30 PM ET (Details and Registration Link forthcoming).
Please come back for more updates soon!